Thursday, December 18, 2008

The days are winding down in Ottawa. On Monday I'll be heading home to visit the family for a few days. Before you know it it will be 2009.

I still have a few things to attend to while I'm here. I need to buy Christmas gifts for my mother, brother, brother-in-law and sister. I had my eye on a necklace for my mother but it had been sold. The lesson is to jump at perfect opportunities, I suppose. I was feeling down about it and just generally thinking too much yesterday. Then Andrea called me, and I felt a lot better. She opened the gift I got for her, and I opened hers, a copy of the James Stewart western Shenandoah, which I watched last night, and a $10 gift card at the Elgin Street Diner.

Tonight a few people from the office are getting together to have dinner at the Parliamentary restaurant in Centre Block. I suppose this will be my first time ever entering the building. Tomorrow afternoon I'm training at Haven Books. Ian works there and offered me some hours since Parliament won't be back until January 26th. I'm low on funds, so it should help. I'm actually looking forward to working at a bookstore that's more independently run than Chapters.

On Saturday I'm heading out to the west end to party with some old Chapters co-workers, whom I haven't seen in well over a year. It was looking a bit complicated with the bus strike, but I've secured a ride both ways. Natalee is also in town, so I think we're going to hit Mod Club on Sunday. Lots to do, but it should be fun.

2 comments: