Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I was looking for an old VHS tape that my family used to have: a recording of Jim Henson's The Christmas Toy, which originally aired in 1986 (I just found out that it saw a DVD release last month. It was originally sponsored exclusively by Kraft, and in a move the likes of which I haven't seen on television since each commercial featured a Kraft holiday recipe).

I couldn't find it, but I did find an old VHS recording of a really early Acid Lamb practice from 1994, back when we were called "Abandoned," I think. Just Darryl, Jeff and I. No vocals. I look totally skinny and young. My hair was curly so I wore a baseball cap all the time to keep it straight. I also found a REALLY early tape from 1992 when myself, Steve Robinson and Mike Denholm are lip-syncing along with Smells Like Teen Spirit, with instruments and everything. It's not the full version, just a botched take. I don't know where the full-fledged tape is.

I'm wearing the same Nirvana shirt in both videos. Sometimes I think about going through this stuff after my parents are dead and wondering how I'd preserve it.

Home is home. My dad still talks up Harper. My mom still talks to cats. The house looks great as always. I'll take some pics and post some when I have a chance.

1 comment:

Asha said...

My Dad talks up Harper too. No cats though.