Sunday, November 9, 2008

Janet Leigh's Bad Luck with Motels was a success, though most didn't show until well into the second film. The party moved to the Royal Oak for a couple of hours. Many, many drinks were had, resulting in a $350 tab. A few of us went to the Live Lounge afterwards and danced to music that appealed to my inner teenager. More drinks, more fun. The night ended on a bit of a sour note, with a fight breaking out on York Street. My phone died and I lost Andrea in the confusion. The Market just isn't what it used to be.

I'd never been to the Live Lounge before. They do a live-to-air broadcast every Saturday night, hosted by DJ Noah. Andrea and Steve got me a couple of birthday shout-outs, and a dedication of "Lazy Eye" by Silversun Pickups. The club closes at 2 sharp, and the bouncer tried clearing us from the floor, but Noah put on "Young Folks" by Peter, Bjorn and John. We weren't going anywhere. Noah said it was definitely the last song of the night, and he was completely stoked that we refused to leave before he was done. A really cool moment.

All in all, I had a fantastic time and was really pleased with the turnout. I'm taking it easy today, chilling at Andrea's.

1 comment:

sasta said...

This night was friggin amazing!