Monday, November 17, 2008

Tomorrow's the big day, ie. the day the House begins its next Parliament session. They'll be choosing a Speaker to kick things off, and from the murmurs I hear its going to come to ballots. I was reading an old Hansard from the 37th Parliament, comparing it with the last, and it just went to show that the process can either take an hour or several.

I'm not feeling nervous about it. By this point I think that most of my questions are going to be answered in the process. They'll be keeping an eye on me at first. Murray said he'd look into getting me some extra hours in January to practice, and I want to take full advantage.

A few of us went to the diner last night and hung out. It was a good weekend for seeing people; I'd like to get into the habit of seeing them every weekend, just to hang out over a pint or milkshake. Tonight Andrea and I are going to catch a showing of Jules et Jim at the Bytowne.

Someone upstairs is singing Happy Birthday.

I may need to revert to the two-alarm system of getting out of bed in the morning. My body isn't used to 9 AM.

7 comments:

Asha said...

Mmmm milkshake

Andrea Wrobel said...

No. Please, no. Not two alarms. Boohoohoohoo.

Asha said...

I keep turning Ian's alarm off in my sleep. He's upgraded to 'the buzzer' now :( ahhhhhhh

sasta said...

Speech from the throneeeeeeeeeeee.

Also, I looked you up in Outlook and e-mailed you but it got returned to me somehow. Maybe, secretly, HRSDC and HoC aren't suppossed to talk?

David said...

It's FORBIDDEN.

Asha said...

oo! oo! try me! whitesideA@inac.ainc.gc.ca

Andrea Wrobel said...

Try me too!!
heyandrea123@hotmail.com

Aw, I lose.