Sunday, February 22, 2009

Gloucester Street Spring Break Journals (Day Eight)

Much as I hate to admit it, I'm really impressed by Lily Allen's new song, "The Fear." She slagged on Radiohead, proving that she's a dimwit, yet the song is incisive and intelligent, and her producers produced the HELL out of it. It's really the best song about popular culture I've heard in probably the last five years.

I don't know what's right and what's real anymore
I don't know how I'm meant to feel anymore
When do you think it will all become clear?
Because I'm being taken over by the fear


That's the condition of the 21st century captured in a pop song chorus. And it's catchy as hell.

Andrea called me at 5:30 this morning (2:30 California time). I haven't been able to get back to sleep. Today is my last day off.

No comments: