Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Gloucester Street Spring Break Journals (Day Three)

Yesterday I got a Facebook message from my friend Mindi in Toronto, a girl I met online a few years ago and have only ever met once. She's hosting this show called Lit Kick on Ryerson's radio station once a month, from 6-7 AM. She was wondering if she could read some of my stuff, so I sent her a bunch of poems. I set my alarm and listened to the show in bed. She played some great material and read some great stuff. Listening to it felt good. There's something about college radio stations sending out signals at a certain time of morning or late night that clicks with something inside me. Hearing my stuff read was just icing. I was even inspired enough to download some music and write a poem before falling back to sleep.

I'm heading over to Ian's today to act in a web series he's written and directing called The Horror in the Eidolon Apartmnets, which can so far be seen online at http://www.pulp-horror.com/index.html. He's also asked me to read for a role in a project he wants to do afterward. It's kind of dark stuff to come from such a clean cut young guy.