Saturday, September 13, 2008

Chili's on. I'm making my first batch since the failed venture just after I moved into Riverside. So far so good, but we'll see how it simmers.

Andrea and I had lunch/breakfast at Eggspectations today. Afterwards I went grocery shopping for chili ingredients. When I got home I worked on a song. It's now almost ready for a bass track. I'm also working on a cover but it's sounding kind of bare. Need to put some pepper on it. I'm hungry.

I started reading Ann-Marie MacDonald's 800-page opus The Way the Crow Flies. Last night I polished off Wayson Choy's lovely All That Matters, which completes my most recent collection of the novels by writers who were giving workshops at Humber in July. I emailed Joe last night to ask for a employment reference and to tell him that I should have the first chapter of my novel drafted for next week. I've effectively set a deadline for myself.

I watched Singles before going to bed last night simply because I wanted to hear Kyra Sedgwick's character talk about how great it felt to have her own place.

No comments: