Thursday, September 18, 2008

I hate my sleep schedule. I cannot for the life of me fall asleep before 3 o'clock in the morning, and then I routinely sleep until at least noon. If I were back on nights, it would be fine, but as it stands I feel like I'm on a completely different schedule from the rest of the world. I need a job, something, to return to a semblance of normalcy. Andrea is in bed by 11. That's four additional hours I have to amuse myself. If I'm at her place, I can't write. I lie in bed trying to calm the flow of ideas, because I want to be beside her. I need to start forcing myself up early and going to bed at a reasonable time. At least until work at the Senate resumes.

Tonight I'm going to a volunteers meeting for the Writers Festival. For one reason or another I have never attended a single Writers Festival event. Since I'm feeling more like a writer lately than ever before, it's probably about time I started lending a hand in the community again.

No comments: