Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The song is done. Download it here. Give it a listen. The song is called "No Time Left." I'm calling the band Wire and Light. I'm going to try hard to ensure it won't be the last song I'll record.

I think my drive to be creative lately has put an atmosphere in place in the apartment, constantly reminding me that there's something I should be reading/writing. It hangs over me, I breathe it in, whenever I'm indoors, and it keeps me active. I started reading Disgrace by J. M. Coetzee last night and I'm forty pages from the end. I couldn't put it down today.

I've been thinking about picking up a record player lately and starting a vinyl collection of my favorite records. Yesterday Matt, Carly and I went to Vertigo to browse LP's. A player is going to end up costing me about $250, so I'm not going to get it up and running immediately.

Andrea came over last night and I showed her a bunch of stuff from my college days. Apparently the college version of me was cute, even without facial hair.

The TV arrives tomorrow. I'm beyond excited.

3 comments:

Andrea Wrobel said...

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Daviiiiiii! You're so cuuuuuuuuuute, omg!" ♥

Andrea Wrobel said...

(Even without the beard, love.)

Amanda Earl said...

i enjoyed the song. it had a dream like quality. i found the music drowned out your voice in places and would have liked to have been able to hear the lyrics more clearly, but still...a great beginning. creativity suits you :)