Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I finally procured the key to the new place (though not the front door key, which is key). Andrea and I were able to check it out. It's been cleaned out and painted a very light peach beige. It looks great. I stayed for about 15 minutes just standing in the rooms, trying to figure out what colour I'm going to paint them and where I'm going to put the furniture I'll have to purchase. When I get back from London next week I'm going to spend the week painting. I might see if I can order the bed before I take off for Peterborough, too.

London. Right. The next stop on the summer tour. We're leaving at 2 PM on a ten-hour bus ride. I'll have to make sure I pack some reading material, and my journal so that I can get some writing done. We'll be spending the five days visiting with Andrea's family, partying a little bit and going for a swim.

I read for two hours yesterday and got some writing done. The latest exercise involved going to a crowded place, describing the people and inventing a story for one of them. I saw this guy waiting for the bus after I dropped the car off who was perfect. He was 45'ish, wearing a green Christmas sweatshirt and a pink knapsack, lighting a cigarette right under a No Smoking sign. I've got about a thousand words out of him so far.

1 comment:

sasta said...

Nice use of my favourite Government buzz word: procurement!