Wednesday, July 23, 2008

In nine days I'll have a new apartment all to myself, somewhere I can go and sit on the floor and get away from the babbling construction workers that repel up and down the side of the building, passing my window with their hammering and sawing, starting at 8 o'clock sharp every morning. Nine days. I'm going to get a new bed, one that I can actually sit up in. One that's more comfortable, with an actual mattress that I don't have to fold and turn into a couch. New pillows. Glorious. I haven't slept regularly in an actual bed for almost a year. The insanity must stop.

My schedule over the next little while is going to be intense. Let me try and work it out here.

Saturday, July 26th: Rent a car and go to Trolley's wedding
Sunday, July 27th: Trip to Gatineau Park
Monday, July 28th: Pick up keys for new apartment, drop off first month's rent
Tuesday, July 29th: Trip to London
Sunday, August 2nd: Return to Ottawa
Monday, August 3rd - Friday, August 8th: Pack for the move
Saturday, August 9th: Trip to Peterborough
Friday, August 15th: Radiohead show in Toronto
Sunday, August 17th: Return to Peterborough
Monday, August 18th: Come back to Ottawa and perform the move
Saturday, August 23rd: Connolley's bachelor party
Wednesday, August 27th: See Wicked at the NAC

And then there's another wedding in early September. And then I go back to work. Of course, a lot of this is hinging on what days in particular my mother has off for holidays, and when my dad will be able to help me out with moving. I'd better get on the horn with the folks tonight.

Yesterday I spent a couple of hours reading Paul Quarrington's Galveston before grabbing pizza with Andrea. Last night I caught Steve's solo project turned band Mud Lake perform at the Bytown Tavern. I was really impressed with the way he was able to put together the outfit in such a short period of time. Sounded good. I bowed out after the second act, Citizen Folk, and headed home.

I'm not feeling very well this morning. The construction, of course, is an added bonus.

1 comment:

Asha said...

The construction workers never cease to scare the shit out of me at 7:59am.