Sunday, July 27, 2008

I'm tired, but I'll bet Andrea is feeling even more so. Trolley's wedding is in the can and it was pretty spectacular as far as weddings go. Horse drawn carriages, beautiful farmland, and food. Ye gods, the food. I like to eat at weddings. I don't know why, really... it's probably the fact that the stuff is free and quality and I'm in a celebratory mood. Add to that the fact that I wasn't drinking because I had to drive and I ended up eating too much as a result. This wedding had food coming constantly. If it wasn't being served it was scattered all over the end of the tent structure where the reception was located. Yum.

The ceremony was among the more beautiful I'd seen. I dig weddings. One more coming up in September. Andrea had a great time. We're supposed to go to Gatineau Park today but I dropped her off at Christine's last night, so I don't know what kind of shape she's in this morning. I parked the car across the street from the building and spilled the complimentary jelly beans we stole from the table just before I walked in the door. Hopefully no one slips Three Stooges style. They'll probably blame some kid for the mess anyway. What fully grown man would spill purple and green jelly beans on the sidewalk?

Andrea and I picked up the car at the airport, had breakfast at Denny's (I PREFACED all of that reception food with a Denny's breakfast. Jesus.) and then stopped at Home Depot to pick up a tree as a wedding gift. The ceremony ended up being three hours later than we guessed so we bummed around Andrea's apartment until it was time to go. I love driving. It can be a nerve-wracking experience when you haven't done it for awhile, but before long taking the twists and turns to navigate around a city grows on you.

No comments: