Thursday, July 24, 2008

I just talked to my mother and she's scheduled a doctor's appointment for me on August 18th, so I'll actually be performing the move on the 19th if all goes according to plan. She thinks I have a pinched sciatic nerve. Every piece of advice I've received has been akin to this: rest it, exercise it, ice it, heat it, take painkillers.

The net connection I was pirating now has a password affixed to it, so that leaves one piddly little connection that barely works when it does work. Yet another reason why I want this move over and done with. I get the feeling that I'm going to need a vacation after all this vacation time. I already have no idea what day of the week it is, what I'm supposed to be doing, where I'm supposed to be going.

Check that: I'm going to see The Dark Knight tonight. That I'm sure of.

Yesterday was productive. I read for over two hours and finished Galveston, a book about storm chasers who have suffered tragedy in their lives and find each other in a podunk coastal town about to be wiped out by a force five hurricane. I'm going to move onto Joe's book next. I wrote for an hour and produced 1500 words. I'm finding it tiring but I have to keep at it. Yesterday I mapped out the floor plan of the first house I remember living in. It was harder than I thought because it became a process of stringing together memories out of geography. Then I wrote about memories I have of being in the rooms.

I cracked open Reason and started writing a new song. It sounds pretty good so far, and I feel as though I'm further into this one than my first attempt. I'd like to get the backbone written out and apply some bass and maybe some guitar and vocals over it when the time comes, but I really think it's going to have to wait until after the move.

I'm trying not to let the move interfere with my creativity. I'm tired of making excuses for not having any output. Yesterday was one day. I wrote 1500 words, finished a book and starting writing a song. Now it's today. Now I have to do something else.

Yesterday I walked to the grocery store and watched Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey while I ate dinner.

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Way to go, evil android Ted!