Monday, July 7, 2008

No more posts like yesterday. It was just anger that should probably have been directed elsewhere. A lot of the time I feel as though I already know the answers to the questions I'm constantly asking myself. I can't help thinking that this is a really significant time in my life, that decisions I make now are going to affect the kind of life I have for the foreseeable future. It's exciting and scary and infuriating and kind of disappointing all at once, but I'll get used to it.

I walked to Tim Hortons yesterday, about a 40 minute walk in total. It was the time of day when the setting sun turns everything gold and Appels + Oranjes by the Smashing Pumpkins sounds too true for words. I'm heading over to Andrea's now.

Started reading Life of Pi by Yann Martel. So far it's not what I was expecting, but I really do dig his style.

2 comments:

Rayanne said...

In what kind of world do you live where it takes 40 minutes to get to a Tim Horton's? Oh wait, you are probably moving pretty slowly, right? How long would it take you on a normal day?

David, you weren't directing your anger in any place inappropriate. I can't really think of a more appropriate place to talk these things out.

Andrea Wrobel said...

I agree. You shouldn't feel bad about writing in a space that's all yours.