Saturday, July 12, 2008

I just woke up after spending my first night in Toronto. Matt and Kim have me put up in their "den" on an inflatable mattress, enforcing the reality that I will never again sleep in an actual bed in Toronto. This morning is my first at Humber and I should be leaving fairly soon. I really don't know what to expect. As far as I could gather from Kim, I'll be spending the mornings this week helping out with a writer's workshop (aka being the writer's lackey) and then I'll have the option to attend afternoon seminars. We'll see how it goes.

The trip yesterday was okay, though the air conditioning on the bus wasn't operating, and we had to switch buses once we reached Peterborough. My back hasn't enjoyed lugging a suitcase around. Once I got a bit settled the three of us went for dinner at Mackenzie's and rented Be Kind Rewind, which is quite honestly one of the most bizarre films I've ever seen. I don't know that I can recommend it, but it certainly works on the level of exhibiting a genuine love for movies and filmmaking.

On the way back from the restaurant we found a box full of board games on the side of the road. I grabbed Cranium and Matt grabbed Balderdash.

3 comments:

Rayanne said...

Matt and Kim? Yea Yeah! Haha, awesome.

P.S. I hated Be Kind Rewind.

David said...

Do you know them?

Rayanne said...

I was toying around with their names. You know... There's that music group called Matt and Kim.