Monday, July 28, 2008

Yesterday Andrea and I had a grand day up at Gatineau Park. We had lunch at the Chelsea Pub before driving out to Pink Lake and walking the trail. There weren't a whole lot of people out, so it was nice and private and pretty. Andrea recalled this story she'd read about how a cougar was discovered in the park, so we kept making jokes about the cougar suddenly (and rather unlikely) appearing. We went to the beach for a swim but the rain started up. After resting for a bit in the car we came back into town and I dropped her off.

I've been trying to rig up my iMac for speech recognition. I can verbally ask it the time, day, stuff like that. Last night I added a script that allows me to get a song to play just by delivering voice commands. It doesn't work perfectly, but it's still pretty nice, and gets me one step closer to what I really wish computers could do.

This morning I took the car back and then went by the rental office to drop off first month's rent and grab the keys to the new place. They didn't have the keys, and told me to come back this afternoon. I ran some errands and got a haircut. I decided to come home to read for a bit before I went out again.

No comments: