Thursday, July 31, 2008

I just received an invoice from U of T demanding that I pay tuition fees for 2008-09. Something's messed up here.

Yesterday Andrea and I went to the hospital to visit her grandfather and went out for dinner with some of her family. I picked up a boatload of movies (Juno, The Savages, Panic Room, Spider-man 2, Southland Tales, The Squid and the Whale) and the ninth season of X-Files.

When we were driving back from Ingersoll a plane was flying in to land at the London airport immediately to our right. I've never seen a plane fly that low from a car before.

4 comments:

Matthew said...

I've decided that I probably don't want to go to U of T for my Masters... strictly based on the fact that I requested an information package of some kind just to help me decipher the website, and literally I got an e-mail back that says:

Dear Matthew,

Please go to the department website at www.utoronto.ca/english for further information. We do not have information packages.

(name)

...Like, I understand not having information packages, but I CLEARLY was ON that website if I got the fucking e-mail address.

Huh.

So.

Yeah.

How is/was Savages? I keep meaning to see it, but I never get around to it.

Asha said...

Trent sent me a similar letter after I graduated too.

It's like the billing and the records offices are on different planets.

David said...

I sent them an email, and they got back to me, essentially saying "don't sweat it, it'll work itself out."

The English department website needs an overhaul drastically.

The Savages is a great flick, probably in my top five of last year.

sasta said...

I think all Universities send you silly letters like that just to stir internal pots within. Before I even got my 4th year winter term final marks back I recieved such a letter to not forget to sign up for Fall courses. Causing me to panic a touch thinking - "Wait. Does this mean...I didn't graduate?!?!"