Sunday, August 17, 2008

I'm back in Peterborough until Tuesday. I keep getting messages for invites out from folks who don't realize I left Ottawa. Sometimes I forget that only 13 people or so have access to this blog, and it probably isn't read by all on a daily basis. I should just go back to Ottawa and stay put for awhile. Sounds good.

Yesterday Matt and I went to see Tropic Thunder. It was funny, I'll give it that. Not the funniest film I've seen, but it's funny. Fun to watch. Tom Cruise has been getting a lot of attention for his role in it, and people were applauding him in the theatre. But Robert Downey Jr. steals the picture. As strange as he looks in blackface, he looks even stranger as a blonde, starry-eyed Australian. The film is offensive and downright disgusting at times, but it's also often sharp and merciless, and it serves up a healthy amount of funny cameos.

In the evening we played poker with Dana and Adam and I lost big time. I took the 2:30 bus back and here I sit. Tomorrow I'm getting my back checked out. Then it's Tuesday, Tuesday, Tuesday, Tuesday.

1 comment:

Andrea Wrobel said...

I hope your back issues can be resolved tomorrow! Good luck!