Friday, August 8, 2008

Still not finished painting. The living room is going to need THREE coats of burgundy over the primer. Oi. I should be able to do it with the two cans I bought from Home Depot. About one and a half coats left to go. I'll say one thing - if three coats doesn't do it, I'm calling what results a conscious design choice.

In other news, Hartman's is selling cutlery and cooking sets for cheap. I picked up a set of seven complete place settings for ten bucks yesterday. Today I'm going back for the kitchen set. Someone also dumped a table and two chairs in front of the apartment, so I grabbed them. It's one of those tables with a removable piece in the middle. I have to figure out how to put it back together.

This will be my fifth day painting on my own. I'm getting a bit lonely. I spend hours a day painting walls, watching TV in my head. It gets to be a strange feeling after awhile. Today is the last of it, though. I'm positive.

2 comments:

sasta said...

Man, painting is just the worst. When I had my mind set on painting my room red, the man at the paint store gave me some sound words: "Red's a bitch..." Pretty sure this applies to burgandy too.

Something even worse than painting? Finally getting it all done and then realizing maybe you should have picked a different colour...

Also worse than painting the apt? Knowing that you are going to have to turn everything "back to white" when you leave anyways...Because as if packing up all your crap isn't enough chaos in the moving process.

David said...

I'd sooner burn the building down than paint it back. I suppose I'll just have to never again move for the rest of my life, ever.