Friday, August 15, 2008

I've been having connection problems lately, so I'll hope this posts. The other day I finished reading Gratitude. Yesterday I emailed Joe some thoughts I had on the book, and he emailed me back promptly thanking me and offering some encouragement. He also said that earlier in the day, Tim O'Brien had emailed him some praise. I had just finished reading O'Brien's "The Things They Carried" yesterday, so it was a neat coincidence. I also re-read Joyce Carol Oates' "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?", which is a phenomenal piece of unsettling work.

I've been keeping a low profile at home, hanging out mostly with the folks, which my mother seems to appreciate. We watched The Bucket List last night. I've been thinking for quite some time that I'd like to launch some sort of review website where I do quick and dirty reviews of films, records, books and such. Just a hundred words or so each, more for my own personal benefit than anything else.

Radiohead's show at the Molson Ampitheatre might be a great starting point. I've been looking forward to this for awhile. It'll be my second time seeing my favorite band.

2 comments: