Sunday, August 24, 2008

This marks the 100th post on 2AM Traffic. Milestones!

I went to Sofa World and the salesman Mike sold me a couch for $452 after delivery, about exactly what I wanted to spend. It's green and should snuggle nicely into the space that remains in my living room. Should be here in under two weeks. I bought a drill, put up the blinds in my bedroom and put my kitchen table together. With a tablecloth on it, it should serve as a half decent spot to write. And eat occasionally, maybe. Everything's coming together. The bigger stuff is pretty much all taken care of.

Yesterday the high school mates and I got together to take Connolley out for the day before he gets married in a couple of weeks. We went mini golfing, had lunch at Gracie O'Malley's, went to Rideau Carleton Raceway to gamble, and then back to Connolley's for barbecue and Wii. It was a pretty fun time. I won a little over 60 bucks at slots and blackjack. Being the old men that we are, everyone was kind of tired around 1 AM when I left. But that's what 13 hours of partying will do.

I still like spending time with the lads, but we all seem to be settling into the types of people we'll be for the rest of our lives. Good news in some cases, not so great in others. I don't really even know if I can say that I'll stay the same person for the rest of my life. Obviously I'll change a lot. Experience will do that to you, and I've got a pretty open mind. But there are certain folks that anyone knows that will always be the way they are. I know some people who are like that, for better or worse, and it becomes more and more apparent the longer I know them.

Andrea and I went to the Pride parade this afternoon, which ran along Wellington and down Elgin for a bit to City Hall. I'd never been before. It was fun, of course. Lots of happy faces, people reveling in the freedom to be themselves. It must be a great feeling to be able to celebrate something that a lot of people try to make you ashamed of on a daily basis.

1 comment:

Matthew said...

100 posts? Holy crap.