Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I'm getting the new place ready for the move, and that requires a lot of painting. I picked up over 200 bucks worth of painting supplies at Home Depot in order to turn my bedroom blue and my living room burgundy.

One thing I forgot about painting: it's hard, annoying, messy work. On Monday night I was only able to get a coating of the primer onto my bedroom walls before I was too exhausted to continue. My back isn't in the best of shape to begin with, but now my whole body feels like scrambled eggs. Today I was able to paint for eight hours and finish off the bedroom. Tomorrow I'll start the living room and pray it's finished by Thursday night.

I spent 50 bucks on cleaning supplies for the kitchen and bathroom at Hartman's today. How depressing. Living on one's own is an expensive venture. This will be the first time I've ever not been able to rely on the goods college kids have been shipped out of their parents' homes with. No couch, no coffee table, no kitchen appliances or cutlery of any kind. Thank God for the dollar store on Bank.

So far I have ruined a shirt and a pair of pants painting, as well as the bathing suit I just bought. A new place calls for a new wardrobe anyhow.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

I forgot you were moving and didn't have much furniture. Until two weeks ago, I had a couch that was destined for the curb.

I'll see you at Hartman's I'm sure. I seem to go there all the time.

David said...

I've been shopping there for the past few days for one reason or another for the first time since I moved out of the flat. I love that grocery store. Can a grocery store instill nostalgia?