Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I should update, since I'm not sure when I'll have a net connection again. I'll be getting up in about five hours to get the move going. By this time tomorrow I'll be passed out on my futon in the new apartment, thankful that I won't have to move again for the foreseeable future.

I saw Doctor Archibald today, who asked me a few questions about my back and gave me a sheet of exercises to try. He pretty much told me exactly what I was expecting - the only thing that will help my back is time, care and exercise. My back IS getting better, it's just getting better very slowly. The exercises will hopefully help it along.

I got a call from Matt Thompson, an old high school friend, and he's currently in Ottawa. We're going to have breakfast on Wednesday morning after I'm back in town. It's funny to hear from him, since I was just thinking about the letters we used to write each other, discussing big ideas, philosophizing and kicking around scientific and mathematical concepts. It was a lot more entertaining than it sounds. Matt used to have this theory that he was the center of the universe, and that everyone else was a figment of his imagination. Over time the theory grew and grew. We would spend HOURS talking about the ramifications and procedural implications of the theory. I used to have an email that detailed it, though it seems to have gone the way of an exploding star. Matt's also the first gay friend I ever had. Now he's the first doctor friend I have.

I'm worried about this U of T graduation/account balance bullcrap. I emailed Cecilia, who works in the English grad department, about it, and she told me to call her. Not a good sign. I would have much preferred a "No problem! Just do this and this to graduate! Congrats!" type email. All I can do is call her and find out what's going on.

I've looked forward to tomorrow for so long. Now it's today.

No comments: