Monday, August 11, 2008

Went to see The Dark Knight again last night with the folks and I think I enjoyed it even more the second time around. The first time I felt like I was waiting for the action to end because it was so intense. This time I knew how the story unfolded, so I could sit back and take in more of the plot. Mom and Dad liked it a lot. My mom has a lot of sympathy for actors who die young, and Heath Ledger is no exception. One of her favorite expressions, though she didn't use it last night, is "he/she's such a good little actor/actress."

I'll hopefully be hitting up Walmart today to pick up some clothes and/or appliances. My parents offered to give me an old coffee table. I really should make a list of the things I'm going to need so that I can pick some of them up while I'm here and just take them to Ottawa on the truck next week.

I showed my mother a website I found that contains a sound file of my grandfather reading poetry on the radio program he used to host. It made her cry. It's right here, if you're interested. That's his band playing in the background.

No comments: