Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Yesterday my mom was feeling well enough to accompany my dad and I to Whitby to check out the new X-Files movie. I enjoyed it, but I'm an X-Phile. It's one of my geekier qualities. I'd been planning to see it with my mother for quite some time, as we used to watch the series together when I was in high school. After the movie we ate dinner at Montana's and headed back for Peterborough.

This morning I had lunch at Smitty's with my dad and sisters. The folks have been generous the last few days, making contributions towards the new apartment. Dad dug out an old coffee maker and toaster for me to use. Today the old man sprung for a new microwave at Canadian Tire. Thanks to him it looks like I'll actually have THINGS to put in the apartment.

Fireworks are going off in the distance. Every Wednesday and Saturday night during the summer, the Festival of Lights continues at Del Crary Park.

I miss my girlfriend.

3 comments:

Andrea Wrobel said...

N.E.R.D. :P

Matthew said...

Whenever I drive by Whitby on the 401, I'm always chuckling to myself about how there's an exact replica of that mall in Kanata. Or at least there used to be. I'm not sure which one has expanded more rapidly in the last 4 years.

Still, it creeps me out.

David said...

I feel exactly the same way. The first time I went to the AMC in Kanata I was so freaked by it being the exact same building. It felt like I had just stepped through a portal. Now there are little villages surounding both. Soon AMC will declare their own countries.