Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Thanks to the seemingly tireless efforts of my dad, and the willingness of Mike, Matt and Carly to lend a hand and thereby take our relationships to a new level (helping with a move is big; it's like going all the way), my stuff is in the new place. The living room is looking fantastic so far. I have my new bed and my blinds are apparently in at Sears. The upcoming week is going to be devoted to getting the new place in shape. So far so good. I spent my first night there last night, and I was a bit spooked as I tried to become accustomed to the noises the new place makes. No incidents during the night time, anyhow.

This morning Andrea and I had breakfast with Matt Thompson at the Elgin Street Diner. We kicked the past around a bit and discussed Matt's love life. He said that I've changed over the years. I didn't quite get him to specify what he meant, but it came off as a compliment. He's doing fairly well but wants to nail down some job specifics. Welcome to adulthood.

Andrea came over last night and helped me break in the new place, so to speak. We had a nice talk about us. I'm at her place now, using the Internet. I went by Rogers last night to schedule a hook-up and they can't do it until September 8th. That's almost three weeks from now. I may not be able to update my journal everyday, but Andrea and I are living two blocks away from each other now, so I'll be using geography to my advantage.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

...and you didn't even have to take us for dinner first.

Asha said...

glad you're settling in!