Sunday, June 22, 2008

All of my dreams last night were work related. I even woke up from a Rogers Video dream with the thought, "Fuck this, I'll just wake up and end this misery." I'm like Little Nemo the Dream Master. I'm like Tom Petty in the video for Running Down a Dream.

That's what I get for eating diner poutine before bed. I hung out at Kat's place last night with Patrick, Mariel, John and Simon. We watched The Wizard and cracked wise on it the entire time. It was a fun. A few of us grabbed dinner to wrap up the night.

I spent yesterday learning how to use the NN-19 sample player in Reason, figuring out how to write out chords in the sequencer and adjusting a piano sequence I wrote to loop correctly. I'm working my way through the book at about a chapter a day. I should have it wrapped up by the first week of July, and then I'll start composing. I won't be an expert by any means but at least by then I'll have used most of the program's components.

Today is my sister's birthday.

2 comments:

sasta said...

"Did you ever have a job that you hated and worked real hard at? A long, hard day of work. Finally you get to go home, get in bed, close your eyes and immediately you wake up and realize... that the whole day at work had been a dream. It's bad enough that you sell your waking life for minimum wage, but now they get your dreams for free."
- Guy Forsyth, Waking Life

David said...

Haha, I thought of that passage too.