Monday, June 2, 2008

Well, last night certainly turned into a disaster. I feel like I'm creating lists in my head of people I want to associate with and people I'd prefer to never see again.

I'll say this: I like to give people a chance. I believe that everyone deserves a shot at being a good person. I try to be understanding when people fuck up. Everyone fucks up. But I can't tolerate it when I or the people I care about are disrespected. If you disrespect me or my girlfriend, you make the latter fucking list.

I'm not a shrink, or a counsellor, or a therapist. I'm not going to single-handedly put anyone's life on track. If a friend needs my ear or shoulder, I'll give it to them. But I'm simply not going to take it upon myself to reverse the damage anyone does to themselves. I'm no longer willing to associate with poisonous characters. I'm a loyal kid. I'm a trustworthy guy. You either appreciate that and reciprocate or I don't want to know you.

I don't think it's too much to ask for.

No comments: