Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Andrea and I went to see Die Roten Punkte at the Fringe Festival last night. Highly recommended good times, especially if you're serenaded during the show like she was. The act consisted of a "brother/sister" combo a la the White Stripes, but with makeup that made them look like Smells Like Children-era Marilyn Manson followers. And they were German. I haven't seen a German musical-comedy act since the last Lederhosen Lucil show, so it filled a void. Excellent stuff.

We hung out with Mike and Emily afterwards at the Dom and the Brig. For some reason I'm still announcing the places I'm seeing for the first time since I moved back to Ottawa, as if my seeing them again is the most significant thing in the world. And it still strikes me as kind of neat to see these places again, places I spent a fair amount of time in before not seeing them for close to a year. They're special to me. But I've always been a pretty nostalgic person. Sometimes overly so. Not that there isn't much more to be seen.

No comments: