Monday, May 12, 2008

Andrea and I spent the majority of yesterday waiting. She slept in late and avoided work to go to the hospital to have a couple of things checked out, and the two of us were shuffled off to "Urgent Care" where we spent three or four hours waiting for the only doctor they had on staff to examine her. Afterwards we waited 20 minutes for the bus to South Keys, 15 minutes for our waiter at Denny's to bring us our cheque, and another 25 for the bus/train to come so that we could head home. A person can get exhausted waiting. Which is strange, because it's really just a matter of sitting there.

On our way back to my place from the hospital I ran into Brian Johnson on the bus, a prof of mine at Carleton during my undergrad. Brian was instrumental to my success at Carleton and served as the supervisor for my honours thesis. He was with his wife and their new son. I blabbed on about Vancouver for the five minutes I had with him. He mentioned that he had taken a year off and was heading back to teach a course for the summer. Definitely need to grab a beer with that guy.

I missed the South Keys Denny's. When I got home after the excursions I talked to my mother on the phone, watched The Big Lebowski, tootled around on the Internet and hit the sack.

No comments: