Saturday, May 10, 2008

It looks like I landed that job at the Legislative Support Office Publications Centre, proofreading debates for the Senate of Canada. I'll hear next week about the finer details. I showed up to the interview dressed to impress though everyone in the office was quite casual. The coordinator gave me a tour and I saw where I'd be working - a cubicle. My first cubicle. This will be only the second office job I've ever held, but Filament Communications was pretty open concept. This is an office through and through, located in a building on Elgin near Parliament. I'll be just like those folks moseying around in business attire talking on cell phones and wolfing down pre-afternoon-meeting lunches. Except it will be the middle of the night. As long as I know where the coffee machine is, I think I'll be okay.

Andrea and I went to WalMart for some things before going back to her place and making dinner. We went over to Erin's to hang out, and the man, the myth, the legend, Simon Haisz was in attendance. It was certainly good to find out that he hadn't REALLY fallen off the face of the earth, as most folks seem to have indicated.

In a moment of ridiculousness the cops showed up and said that we were being too loud. If we avoid the cops tonight, it will be a miracle. Ash, Ian and I are having a pretty big party of the Tiki variety, with 24 folks currently on the guest list. I need to buy a vacuum cleaner and get this place looking better. Lots to do today. Should be fun.

3 comments:

Andrea Wrobel said...

THEY CAN CHECK OUR I.D.S!!

Rayanne said...

Dress for the job you want, not for the job you have!

sasta said...

Categories. People's apts that got cop-attacked on the weekend.
Erin's.
David's.
Go David.