Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I installed Reason onto my iMac yesterday evening and tooled around with it for a bit. I tried getting a couple of hours shut-eye before work, but I was too excited, as though Santa Claus were coming instead of 25 pages of political speak. I will say it's kind of terrific to have Late Night with Conan O'Brien as your morning show.

The job: I sit at a desk and read. Occasionally I get high and mighty about what I'm reading and demand commas, colons, semi-colons, quotation marks, apostrophes, and capitalization. The lady to whom I hand off the corrections has pink hair. My work has to be done by 5:30 AM-ish to meet the publication deadline. When I leave the office, the sun is coming out, hardly anyone is wandering the streets, and it's very pretty.

I arrived home at around 6:30 and slept until noon, proving once again that my internal clock is outfitted with a 12:00 PM alarm. I just got back from grocery shopping. Reese Puffs were on sale for $1.50 a box. This could be the greatest day of my life.

4 comments:

katie said...

Kim, right? I adore Kim....she's an amazing person.

David said...

That's the lady. How do you know her?

katie said...

I've known Kim for years now through Lauren and Jeff. We see each other only at parties or shows, but she's always coming to the Reverb shows or New Years (last year) or brunch at J & L's place. She is le hot and super fun to party with. Her "man" (not sure of their actual definition), is totally awesome too.

David said...

It's probably too early in our professional relationship for me to exclaim "OMG You know Katie Bonnar!" to her, but that's certainly a neat factoid. She seems great anyhow, and she's been really helpful so far.