Monday, May 26, 2008

I woke up on Steve's couch yesterday morning. The couch was made of that material that appears lighter or darker depending on which way the fabric is pushed, so I played with it for awhile until Steve got up. The three of us had lunch at Local Heroes and talked (mostly about music) before Steve drove me back into town.

Matt gave me a quick overview of the Reason program and his MIDI keyboard while we were hanging around in Steve's basement. I'm downloading a copy of the software right now. He was able to toss together something halfway cool in minutes that Steve played over on guitar and it's exactly the type of thing I want to mess around with. I'm really excited about it. He also showed me some video of different hardware that bands use to create sounds. I know so little about electronic music but it's interested me for a few years now and I'd really like to turn it into a hobby.

I went out to the Rideau Centre and picked up the new Green Day record (under the name Foxtrot Hot Tubs) as well as a few DVD's. When I got back I spent the evening in watching Wayne's World and Terminator 2: Judgment Day. I was able to get a little writing in before bed.

No comments: