Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I met Andrea at the bus station at just after 4:30 yesterday. Her landlady Gwen showed up to help her cart her stuff to the place on Elm Street. Andrea has a top floor furnished room near Chinatown for the next couple of months. After touring the place we went out for dinner at Yang Sheng (not bad, but the service was slow and they forgot my appetizer) and then downtown so that Andrea could buy a bus pass. We stopped off at her work for a bit and then went out for beers at the Cock and Lion before heading back to her room and crashing.

Just a random thought: it occurred to me while taking a whiz in the Cock and Lion washroom that it would be a completely disorienting experience to have fallen asleep in Toronto and awoken in the Cock and Lion washroom. At first I probably wouldn't have any idea where I was and would wonder how I got there. But then to leave and have it slowly dawn on me that I was in the Cock and Lion in Ottawa would be pretty messed up. That's sort of the effect that seeing the town again is having on me on the whole. It's familiar in an unfamiliar way.

My bookcase arrived and my DVD's are now perched proudly upon it. I need to find a job.

2 comments:

Rayanne said...

Boo to private blogs! Google Reader can't pick up on this! : )

David said...

Changed it back... it should register now.