Sunday, May 25, 2008

Last night's jam with Matt and Steve went to show how out of shape I am as a musician. My callouses are coming back and my right forearm is chafed from playing. We played for about 4 and a half hours before I crashed on Steve's couch. We recorded a bit, just some jam material and takes of a couple of songs including an old one called "Helen" from the Black Hill archives. I took lead vocals on it and shot my throat to pieces. The stuff doesn't sound that great off the floor but there might be some stuff in there worth fooling around with. All in all it was just nice to play again.

I watched too much TV yesterday. I'm not used to watching hours of it at a time and I get headaches around the 8th straight episode of Seinfeld. Hopefully I'll be able to keep myself busy with other things in the weeks to come, if for no other cause then for the benefit of my brain.

No comments: