Thursday, May 8, 2008

Last night Andrea engaged in a 15 minute conversation with the 97 driver on our way back to my place about being a bus driver, London vs. Ottawa, and competitive salaries. She asked him what his name was so that she could submit positive comments about him to OC Transpo and he gave his identification number. My girl.

I have a few semi-leads on the job front. A placement agency called Randstad gave me a call after I submitted my resume to a position advertised on Monster. At this point I'd like to avoid a placement agency if I can get an in somewhere else. I'll give it a few days.

On the computer front, my brother got back to me with a quote on an iMac and it sounds as though he can save me a couple hundred dollars. Hopefully he'll get back to me with a final price soon so that I know it's been shipped. I'm the kind of person who likes to get things done immediately. "Patience is a virtue" used to be a mantra of mine but the Internet and wireless communication in general has pretty much obliterated patience as a character trait.

No comments: