Friday, May 9, 2008

The big news this morning is that I have a job interview at 10 for a proofreading position with the Senate. It came about thanks to meeting Andrea's landlady, who has connections there and knew I was looking for a job. I haven't been back a week and I'm already riding the wave of Ottawa nepotism. The hours are crazy (2 AM - 6 AM three days a week) but the pay is outstanding and would offer me experience and a foot in the door. Hopefully the meeting will go well. I spoke to the employer briefly yesterday and things look positive so far.

Yesterday I watched Wonder Boys, read more of Slaughterhouse-Five and made chili. TV is pulling me back into its warm, radiating embrace, whispering sweet nothings of "Scrubs," "The Office" and "30 Rock" into my ear.

I need to go make myself look halfway presentable. First step: leaving my City of Amsterdam shoulder bag at home.

No comments: