Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The hangover has passed. Andrea came over last night and we watched Contact. This morning we got up and went to her place for a delicious lunch before her class.

I finally have the iMac I wanted. Last night my brother said he wouldn't have the computer shipped to my place until I sent him a cheque and it cleared in his account. It was kind of a dickhead move on his part, some bullshit ego thing that allows him to exert authority. I wouldn't have minded so much if he hadn't stated it from the beginning. He KNEW I wanted the computer as soon as possible. I kept bugging him about it. But fuck him. I paid the extra $160 and I have it today.

The monitor is huge. It's almost TOO big. I'm looking up at it like the monolith in 2001. I love new toys. We'll see what this baby can do.

It looks like I won't be starting the job until closer to the end of the month, until my security clearance takes effect and the Senate is back in session. I should take the opportunity to get started on some web work I've been intending to do.

No comments: