Sunday, October 19, 2008

I feel like I've gone off track somehow, and that it's time to recharge somewhat with regard to ideas and daily life in general. It might be hard to do this week with the time I'll be putting in at the Writers Festival, but I'm going to try and take a positive energy away from it.

Peterborough was a good time. I love checking out Phantom Farm and seeing the family and all that. They had a birthday dinner for Dad, Andrea and myself, and were very generous. That said, I'm glad to be back where Andrea and I can sleep in the same bed.

I took Andrea to the first house I remember growing up in. I haven't been back to the neighborhood on foot in years. The house has been altered slightly but the neighborhood is otherwise almost exactly as I remember it (except much, much smaller). For some reason I felt it was important for me to get back there and see it. I had to physically be in a space where I had felt and thought certain things as a kid.

No comments: