Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My record with job interviews has been pretty damn good since I entered the world of employment. There have been occasions in which I've gone into an interview and not secured the job, but I'm usually quick with the responses and good with the attitude and never say the wrong thing. Today was no exception. Great test scores, great interview, great feeling, great results.

"I'd be crazy not to hire you."

They're going to let me know officially early next week, once interviews are through, but I'm very confident it's a lock. I'd be working at least 30 hours a week at a fantastic pay rate. I'll be making more money than I ever have at any job. Which means I'll start paying back my loan while worrying less about money. I'll be in a great spot.

Not a bad day at all. I received three new hardcover Oz books in the mail (Rinkitink, Scarecrow and Tin Woodman), so I only need three to complete my Baum collection. I watched the director's cut of Amadeus, a movie I'd never seen all they way through, and hadn't seen pieces of probably since junior high. Tomorrow is Kat's birthday/punkin carving party, and I'm wearing a mask that Andrea brought back from London. It's pretty freaky looking.

Things to do over the next couple of days: listen to Orson Welles' performance of The War of the Worlds broadcast (70th anniversary!), and watch Halloween. And party.

1 comment:

Asha said...

Congrats on the fantastic interview! Yayyyy to partiessss! BooooOOooo for halloweiners