Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I took a French reading/writing comprehension test yesterday morning and ended up guessing at quite a few. I don't imagine I'll make it too far into the oral test on Monday before the administrator gives up on me. At least I'll have a more official understanding of where my French skills are at. Dave said that French training is probably available through the Senate, with classes starting in January, so I might look into that.

I worked the bar for the Writers Festival last night during the open mic, talks on Afghanistan and talks from journalists correspondents working in China and Africa, including Patrick Brown, who was a very engaging speaker. I worked the box office for another talk of his this afternoon, so my duties with the Writers Festival are half over.

I'm feeling tired and a little directionless today. I need an afternoon to veg out, but I have too much to do.

Here's an interesting article from the Citizen about how desperately Canada is going to need profs over the next decade: Universities face double threat to top talent.

No comments: