Thursday, October 16, 2008

I just had to update the Adobe Updater so that it could continue downloading Adobe updates. I must be at the nexus of the universe.

Going to Peterborough tomorrow, mainly for a little Phantom Farm action. I'm quite excited to be bringing Andrea along, as last year I was really wishing she could have been there.

Last night I made chili and watched the Presidential debate before going over to Andrea's. She and Christine were watching The Ring and I caught the last half of it. I've been feeling run down today, but I took a nap and I feel a bit better. Tonight we're going out for sushi at a place on Baseline. It'll be vegetarian.

I would like to start a sporadic feature of random trivia to my updates. It is done:

RANDOM TRIVIA: In ten-pin bowling, a 7-10 split occurs when all pins but 7 and 10, the pins on the extreme sides of the setup, have been knocked over. The "conversion" of this split for a spare is a rare occurrence, particularly in televised bowling. Contrary to myth, it is physically impossible to pick up a 7-10 split by striking one pin and causing it to collide directly with the other. Rather, a 7-10 may only be converted via near freak-accident: one pin is struck, and the impact of the pin as it strikes the "pit" dictates its impact on the remaining pin. Basically, the struck pin has to bounce back out of the pit in just the right way and hit the other.

Here's the first televised instance of a bowler getting a 7-10 split conversion:

No comments: