Monday, October 13, 2008

I'm halfway through the MacKenzie review, which I've been nervous about writing since a lot of the military language and conflict detail went over my head. So many acronyms. But the review is progressing nicely. I'm happy to be through with the book since I can now go back to reading books I've chosen for myself.

Last night Andrea and I ate tacos and watched You, Me and Dupree, which was inoffensive enough. At least it wasn't just a series of Owen Wilson pulling stupid move after stupid move to annoy Kate Hudson and Matt Dillon. After he almost burns down their house during an act of fornication halfway through, the antics shift gear, which I appreciated.

I've started a new song. I'm going to send away the short story I finished for publication in a week regardless of whether or not I've heard back from Joe. Andrea gave me some helpful comments and I feel positive about it. The next couple of weeks are going to be a little crazy with the Writers Festival coming up and the dust settling on the election (and possibly my immediate future with the Senate).

Tomorrow is election day. Don't forget to vote.

No comments: